We last updated our by-laws in 2017, fixing some reasonably important problems. There are a few things in the current by-laws which don’t correspond to our current or (in our opinion) best practice.
Here are the changes:
- The eastern border is I5, not 5th avenue.
- An ambiguity in granting life membership was resolved; now it’s clearly the board’s decision.
- We cleared up advisory trustee appointments.
- The nominating committee doesn’t have to come up with two nominees (they didn’t anyhow).
- Some advisory trustee “duties” which they don’t really do were deleted.